Monday, November 27, 2006

My first socks.






I made my first pair of socks! yay! I used the magic loop technique and I think I'm in love. I'm also happy I was able to finish both socks without any single sock syndrome. They aren't perfect but they knit up quickly. I knit them in the car on my way to and from Boston. I used some nashua handknits wooly stripes in rolling thunder. The colors were different than I expected. They came out huge! I knit huge!. I swear I got gauge. Therfore, I'm giving them to the largest man I know... my grandpa. I'm glad I sent them before I called him on Thanksgiving. I'm a lil mad at him or all my petulant child relatives. He's pissed b/c I haven't talked to my dad since august and My dad is whining to them. of course I'm to blame and "family is Family" yet, my dad hasn't picked up the phone or answered any of my requests to get together. Even if he is being a hoser at least his feet will be warm.

No comments: